Verizon 411

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Meet Verizon HR Manager - Daily Blog

Happy Wednesday to all. Well, it has been 2 days already and the comments/questions are starting to come in, which is OUTSTANDING, as that is why I am doing this. You are probably wondering what my topic will be today, well, we are going to talk social networks. Yes, I know you are familiar with the big ones...Myspace, Linkedin, Facebook, etc., but are you aware of the tremendous opportunity to network with new folks on a variety of diverse networks such as http://www.poshmama.com/, http://www.biznek.com/, www.ryze.com and http://www.naymz.com/, just to use a few. I was just wondering if any of you have used these sites and if so, do you have any feedback for me as far as how effective they are. As I explained before, I am always looking for new avenues, so please share your feedback.

Remember visist: verizon.com/telecomjobs

2 comments:

Donna said...

Hello,

I applied for a maintenance coordinator position with Verizon and passed the two tests that were necessary for the position.

I have been electronically contacted to see if I am still interested in working for Verizon, which I am.

Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks so much.
Donna

HR Manager said...

Hi Donna,

I apologize for missing this question. Congratulations on passing the test for the maintenance administrator. At this time, we do not have any openings, however, have you tried setting up an alert so that once a position becomes available. Let me know and I can send you very detailed instructions on how to do that.

Again, my deepest apology on responding so late.

Kelly McCorkle
Verizon Strategy and Talent Acquisition Manager